وظائف قطر: مطلوب للعمل "QAPCO Professional Chair in Vocational Studies - College of the North Atlantic - Qatar"wzayef Qatar
The fundamental role of the QAPCO Professional Chair in Vocational Studies is to strengthen Qatar’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) agenda, along with its the key components: applied, experiential learning; work-integrated learning; workforce responsiveness; and applied research and innovation. The Chair will be a beacon for development in the TVET sector – nationally, regionally, and internationally. To that end, the candidate will work closely with the College, QAPCO, industry, governmental departments and agencies, and other educational institutions, both K-12 and higher education, to develop best practices in TVET policy and promote the value of TVET with its critical role in Qatar’s economic development.
Specific Chair duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mobilizing and collaborating with subject-matter-experts, researchers, and practitioners to strengthen the knowledge, skills, and capacities of TVET practitioners in Qatar’s industry and education sectors.
- Improving the profile of TVET programming and pathways, the latter of which utilizes relevant technologies, and leverages work integrated learning, and education-industry-government synergies and partnerships.
- Building links with international organizations to foster strategic partnerships in technical and vocational education and collaborate on issues of mutual interest.
- Reviewing, designing, and implementing institutional strategies that impact the job-readiness of future graduates by equipping them with identified relevant industry competencies.
- Championing a culture of scholarly work and applied research at CNA-Q.
- Engaging in and publishing research that informs best practices in Qatar’s TVET in subject areas such as, but not limited to:
- Vocational and further education in Qatar;
- Labor market research and labor market policy that impacts upon vocational and technical training;
- The transition from school-to-work;
- The transition from K-12 to post-secondary TVET;
- Synergies between Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) research and programming and TVET;
- On-the-job training and work integrated learning research;
- The vocational training needs and requirements of the Oil & Gas Industry in Qatar, in particular QAPCO’s;
- CNA-Q’s and Qatar’s response to the emergence of the fourth industrial revolution and the knowledge-based economy envisioned by Qatar National Vision 2030;
- Characteristics of the quintessential Technical College, Polytechnic, Technical University of the 21st century.
- Designing a framework for a Skills Agenda for Qatar that integrates specific and relevant competencies and accounts for the Ministry of Education and Higher Education curriculum standards and Qatar’s National Qualifications Framework.
- Convening effective periodic lectures and workshops for government, educators, industry members, students, trainees, and QAPCO employees that highlight research and best practice in TVET and higher education.
- Developing a Labor Market Council that would make labor market data available to students, employers, workers, parents, educators, and policy makers.
- Providing strategic policy guidance for CNA-Q and QAPCO for external relations with key State agencies and Ministries to ensure the role of TVET in Qatar is fully recognized and supported.
- Collaborating with the Energy & Industry Sector and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education to assist in formulating a strategic road map for the future of vocational and technical education in Qatar.
- Advising CNA-Q and QAPCO for key committees and/or attending meetings, conferences, forums, and symposia where TVET and related topics (such as Qatar’s National Qualifications Framework and Education and Training Pathways) are to be addressed.
- Facilitating collaboration between leading international centres and organizations.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا