UCL Qatar and Qatar Museums are working in partnership to update and modernise the State of Qatar’s “Law on Antiquities No. 2” (1980) n order to produce a modern, relevant and applicable legal framework on cultural heritage. The QM-UCL Cultural Heritage Law Project (the ‘Project’) will:
• undertake a revision and modernisation of the State’s legal framework on cultural property and heritage through the development of new legislation, a supporting regulatory framework;
• define the Competent Authority for the State of Qatar which will be responsible for Qatari cultural heritage and which will operate as an integral component of Qatar Museums;
• define how the developments to the legal framework will align with the objectives of the Qatar National Vision 2030 and the steps which will need to be taken to meet these objectives; and
• define the relevant timelines, phases and budget for implementation of the new legislation and supporting materials.
The post holder will be mostly located in Qatar Museums’ Project Office and will support the Project Team in the operational delivery of UCL Qatar’s agreed deliverables under Qatar Museums’ contract for the Project, ending in October 2020.
The post holder will have responsibility for:
• establishing a project dedicated documentation tracking system
• ensuring project information is accurate, controlled, transmitted, filed and registered for optimised tracking and retrieval;
• processing and expediting project documents, registers, and reports in accordance with the agreed Project Execution Plan;
• maintaining excellent working relationships with the QM Project Manager and team, with UCL Qatar teams and with relevant staff and teams in national and international entities associated with the Project.
• Ensure that pre-established document control requirements are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project
• Expedite review, signature approval, and release of internally produced documents
• Enter data, receive, track, and control documents using a project dedicated tracking system to register documents and maintain databases
• Produce logs, transmittals, and other reports as required
• Provide assistance to users in capturing and locating electronic information
• Monitor value of work planned versus the value of work completed
• Project-related administrative work
• Providing responsible and confidential administrative assistance to the Project Manager and other team members
• Deliver excellent inter-personal relationships with QM staff and externals associated with the Project.
• Other relevant activities deemed necessary to support the project.
The post holder will actively follow UCL Qatar policies including Equal Opportunities policies and be expected to give consideration within their role as to how they can actively advance equality of opportunity and good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
The post holder will need to understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality as well as the need to observe local Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا