1. The post provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic early career academic to gain a wide range of experience in learning, teaching and assessment practice.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to contribute to the delivery of teaching and facilitation and to provide academic support for groups of students.
3. All role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and or enterprise activity, along with various administrative tasks as part of their role and to contribute and engage with the University’s international agenda where appropriate. Typically, roles will incorporate expertise in an Engineering subject (for example but not limited to: Civil, Electrical or Mechanical). Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.
4. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to contribute to the assessment of one or more modules.
5. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, to act as an Academic Personal Tutor to students.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, and using established curriculum, to deliver academic support services to students undertaking undergraduate or post-graduate modules and to other client groups of the School.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff, and using established curriculum, to deliver seminars and tutorials, workshops, computer laboratory classes or other small group learning activities and/or deliver skills instruction to individuals or small groups and/or deliver support to students on placement.
3. Under the direction of senior academic staff, mark and moderate, as appropriate, assignments, exam scripts or other assessment materials to pre-set requirements/protocols and/or mark and assess students’ skills through practical assignments and class tests to pre-set requirements.
4. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff, seek ways of improving students’ learning by reviewing effectiveness and identifying areas of improvement drawing upon feedback from various sources.
5. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff to lead/support in small special project areas e.g. managing the School’s social media and/or web presence, student field trips and guest lectures.
6. Provide appropriate guidance and support to students, and ensure, where required, that student records are properly maintained, including marks lists, attendance records etc.
7. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff, contribute to the academic tutoring of students within the School.
8. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff, contribute to the development and delivery of consultancy projects and/or professional learning and development programmes and/or knowledge exchange events.
9. Ensure a safe working environment and abide by University health and safety policies and practices and to observe the University’s Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity and Respect policy at all times.
10. Commence/continue to study for an appropriate Postgraduate qualification.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
|Job Location:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا