The Senior Legal Specialist will be required to work with members of all teams within the Health Insurance Department (HID) to Oversee all legal services pertaining to the activities of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) including the drafting of all legal documents issued by the HID.
The Legal Specialist will be expected to have expert knowledge of Health Insurance Regulations and along with all other relevant health law passed in the State of Qatar, and form legal opinion on the implications of both upon the implementation of the NHIS.
They will be required to work in a highly challenging environment and demonstrate an ability to advise on policy, compliance and legal matters relating to the NHIS. The Senior Legal Specialist will provide legal advice in the form of written and verbal advice in the development of policy, review of regulatory documents and procedures that are developed by the heads of all Sections of the HID. They will also be required to produce clear, coherent and concise documents highlighting legal opinion across all areas health insurance as and when required.
As a result, it is expected that the Senior Legal Specialist will be required to sit on expert panels where required and provide accurate input and sound legal advice with regard to the outputs of such.
They will also be required to advise specific teams on matters of interest such as Health Insurance registration, Health insurance Compliance and Regulatory Operations to include disputes and appeals.
Nature and Scope of Position:
Core work will include:
1. The application and interpretation of the health insurance Law and the Implementation Regulations to all decisions made by the HID;
2. Act as legal advisor to the HID under the guidance of the Head of the Regulatory Operations;
3. Being called on to examine issues related to the structure and patterns of behaviour in markets, which may include but would not be limited to studies of competition
4. Providing legal advice around policy and procedure development in both written and verbal form;
5. The assessment of applications to be licensed under the Social Health Insurance Scheme; and
6. The Legal Specialist may be required to liaise with organizations across NHIS, including but not limited to healthcare providers, Private Health Insurers (PHI), Third Party Administrators (TPA), Brokers and intermediaries as and when required. The y will also be required to liaise with other regulators internally (within the Ministry and externally.
7. Identifying and analysing all legal risks the NHIS may face and developing and overseeing the implementation of strategies to mitigate these risks.
8. Representing the HID in all legal proceedings including coordinating with the Section dealing with Fraud, Waste and Abuse about relevant cases.
9. Managing and actively participating in all contract service agreements negotiations with vendors.
10. Advising the HID in all Audit functions according to the NHIS Law and the Implementing Regulations.
11. Preparing and formulating decisions and directives related to the activities of the HID and expresses viewpoints on the relevant legislative tools including recommendation on regulations and law changes for consideration by the Minister and Higher Authorities.
12. Keeping pace with the changes and modifications introduced to the local, regional and international agreements and legislations, and studying their effect on the NHIS.
1. Demonstrates extraordinary ability by fulfilling all requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality;
2. Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of the Company and points out non-compliance by others;
3. Maintains regular attendance, punctuality and dedication to position; consistently arrives to work and departs from work as scheduled;
4. Deals with non-negotiable integrity in all matters at the workplace and outside of work
5. Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both outside normal working hours and during official holidays, if required by the organisation;
6. Accepts, within reasonable boundaries, working with males or females of divergent nationality within or outside the department; and
7. Demonstrates respect for colleagues and works as a team player enabling the flow of communication, refrains from grapevine, gossip and ill-will for colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired through:
Formal Education Requirement
Qualified solicitor or barrister with an excellent academic background.
Minimum of 5 years in-house or private practice experience; and
A pragmatic and commercially minded lawyer.
1. Ability to demonstrate ability as a trusted in-house lawyer, providing high calibre legal advice;
2. Flexibility in outlook and able to turn to a range of issues at any given time;
3. Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels including senior management;
4. A committed team player as well as someone who can work alone; and
5. Strong communication skills.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other|
|Monthly Salary:||US $5,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا