- In this role, you will manage and monitor all OCTAL’s resin ocean shipments and update our customers of any changes and coordinate final delivery with our customers, customs broker and 3PL’s. Some of the core responsibilities for this position are related with carrier management, third party logistics management, contract negotiation, and identification of opportunities to improve routings, reduce cost, and improve our data quality in GT Nexus – a single cloud-based supply chain platform.
The ideal candidate would be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and will possess strategic thinking, problem solving, as well as the ability to work well with others, exceed expectations and succeed. The candidate should also possess a proven track record in logistics, and third party logistics management. Prior job experience working in a manufacturing setting, an ocean carrier or with a third party logistics company is preferred.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Monitor shipments on a daily basis and report exceptions immediately to customers.
- To assure that all documentation is available prior eta
- Segregate weekly distribution volumes based on orders in hand and forecast the segregated volume to service providers for appropriate packaging .
- To assure that all cargo is pulled out from the port in the agreed time in order to ensure no demurrage or detention occurrence.
- Weekly/ Monthly report to Shipping Manager on the service providers performance on these time frames
- Update deliveries and process in SAP
- Responsible for providing leadership of the daily administration and operations for ocean shipments globally.
- Monitor all ocean import shipments through Customs clearance to ensure timely clearance and delivery of imported cargo.
- Oversee the preparation of the Customs import documentation.
- Review and ensure import performance and transit time analysis reports are distributed appropriately.
- Ensure data critical to supply chain initiatives is maintained and updated.
- Track data quality in GT Nexus (OCTAL’s Supply Chain Management tool)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
2- Education & Experience
1-Secondary School Certificate or equivalent
2-Two (2) years of previous logistics experience in a manufacturing Environment.
3-Work experience in the same field is preferred.
3-Language & Computer Literacy
1-Fluent in English
2-Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
3-Must be flexible and work irregular days/hours if needed.
4-Minimum of 5 years’ experience a relevant logistics role.
5-Experience with SAP, GT Nexus or any other TMS equivalent.
6-Effective communication skills with upper management, team members, and supplier teams.
7-Understanding with Import Licensing Requirements on a global basis.
8-Understanding of export requirements and documents.
9-Ability to handle multi-projects simultaneously
10-Expert-Level command in SAP and Microsoft Excel/Access.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
|Degree:||High school or equivalent|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا