Responsible for developing the most appropriate method and sequence of operations in all kinds of projects, in conjunction with the Project Managers / Technical Engineers, and to oversee the entire planning activities including; anticipate demands in terms of labor, materials, equipment and technical requirements, cost and challenges as well as to ensure the project is completed safely to a high technical standard. Planning Manager is also responsible for specifying the timing of the contract and this is one of the major responsibilities when penalty clauses for late completion are written into project contracts .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the planning team to develop the most appropriate method and sequence of operations for different projects.
- Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; Oversee project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Independent responsibility of Planning Department for preparation of Bar Charts, Construction Programs, Construction Planning, Crash Programs, Cash Flow.
- Creating project estimate & tender, finalizing contractors, checking the bills with estimated quantities & purchasing the materials for the site.
- Preparing Detailed Design Schedule.
- Identifying items on Critical Path, suggestive programs for Recovery Programs and other Planning related issues for each “Turnkey” project, by using PRIMAVERA, MS-PROJECTS or other state-of-the-art software’s.
- Reviewing, commenting and approving contractors’ baseline schedules.
- Overseeing actual project progress versus the planned work milestones.
- Monitor construction progress and assist the Project Manager in the preparation of recovery action plans to address the delays and keep the project on the right track.
- Organize to play a pro-active role in internal coordination meetings in preparing a professional Construction Program and Cash Flow of each project.
- Providing project control summary to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare Construction Programs and Cash Flow for submission and approval by clients and consultants, with prior approval by the management.
- Assist the Contacts/Commercial Manager in the preparation of commercial reports and prepare progress reports.
- Organize to identify each component of work and prepare planning schedule commensurate with the quantity, resource allocation, start and end date for the component.
- Organize to pre-warn Operations Team and management for requirement of extension of time.
- Monitor design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
- Raise early warnings of potential risks to project delivery; identify solutions therefor, in conjunction with the Project Manager; reorganizing programmed activities as necessary to mitigate any time, disruption or cost impact and to expedite the work to finish the project on time.
- Coordinate with the Operations Team for recording and updating of factual progress achieved by sub-contractors.
- Keep abreast with latest applicable codes of practice.
- Monitoring contractors’ work progress comparing with project baselines Coordinating contractors’ efforts in project planning.
- Keep abreast with latest rules, regulations, laws, by-laws and/or notifications issued by statutory authorities.
- Review and analyses the areas of delays of the updated schedule and follow up with Site Teams of all parties to expedite the work and finish the project on time.
- Organize to lead, motivate and delegate tasks to Planning Engineers and Junior Planning Engineers based on priority.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Company Industry:||Civil Engineering|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا