The main purpose of this position is to implement the organization's HSE objectives, assess the safety conditions and conduct safety trainings and audits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure compliance with applicable health & safety procedures, instructions and regulations.
- Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization.
- Assists to develop the HSE and other department the HSE objectives.
- Lead the safety meeting at sites and project under the scope of responsibilities and prepare the outcome reports to the line manager and retain the documented information for review.
- Reports to the QHSE MR and incidents/near misses and ensures proper investigation, correctives measures and follow-up of incidents & accidents and set a mechanism to minimize them.
- Manages and maintains all relevant safety documentation and ensures that it is accessible to concerned persons.
- Liaises and coordinates with clients and contractors all requirements and issues related to HSE.
- Ensure that the PPE and safety tools / equipment are satisfying the legal and HSE standard requirements and capable to recommend suitable alternatives when needed.
Ensures availability of first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment.
- Conducts audits on the implementation of the Management System in line with the (ISO) standards’ requirements.
- Initiates and conducts specific audits on procedures implementation and other operations from the HSE point of view.
- Conducts site HSE inspections in line with pre-established check lists.
- Carries out regular inspection of Fire and Safety systems and equipment.
- Conducts hazard identifications, risk assessments, environmental impact assessment and suggest control measures. Highlights findings and follows-up implementation of appropriate risk and impact control measures.
- Ensure safe work environment by monitoring the different work activities and ensuring that tools & equipment are ready and safe for use as per the HSE regulations. (eg. calibration, inspections, …etc.)
- Follow up the raised HSE findings with the concerned department until safe closure, and report the results to his line manager through regular reporting procedure or HSE software application provided by averda.
- Assists in identifying HSE training needs.
- Conducts induction/awareness training as and when required.
- Prepares for and provide Toolbox Talks in partnership with stakeholders.
- Provide HSE training across averda activities and applies effectively the HSE awareness program according to the HSE plan
- Updates risk and environmental impact assessment accordingly with business requirement and regular reviews.
- Assists to develop and review the emergency plans.
- Participates and conducts emergency drills and exercises
- Participates in investigations related to serious and major accidents,
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual HSE reports as required by Client, Legal Authorities, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standards.
- Ensures work permit procedures and other HSE requirements are implemented and followed by all contractors working with averda.
- Follow up the legal compliance of his related activities and follow up their update and validity with the concerned activities owners.
- Performs other tasks as required and other responsibilities related to position.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Company Industry:||Heavy Industry & Metallurgy|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا