Ready to put your estimating expertise to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of estimation tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Estimator for our rapidly expanding transportation project.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your strong estimating experience and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our Estimators at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, and independently complete complicated assignments. In this role you will complete a wide variety of difficult estimating activities (individual or as part of a team), including developing estimates in company database estimating software, utilizing estimating tools and equipment, writing estimate narratives, reviewing and updating estimate procedures, supporting estimate database updates with project historical data, leading estimate task teams, and evaluating and rating estimator performance on an assigned project/program.
- Ensures that all estimate team members apply company estimating practices, techniques, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance to Estimators and Associate Estimators.
- Delivers quality controlled estimates for projects and programs as assigned.
- Defines and delineates project or program scope utilizing a top down work breakdown structure (WBS), prepares material takeoffs in accordance with the WBS as defined by concept documents, and design drawings, plans and specifications.
- Develops detailed resource costs for work activities based on the planned schedule of execution, applies project burdens and indirect costs, applies dictated fees and taxes, defines costs associated with contract general conditions, and applies expected margins to produ ce a reasonable probable project and/or contract cost.
- Develops basis of the estimate (BOE) narrative that clearly defines estimate methodology, scope, pricing characteristics, escalation, assumptions, and exclusions such that the customer has complete understanding of the content and the components of the delivered estimate of probable cost.
- Reviews estimates delivered by other service providers to determine compliance with project and/or program procedures, estimate completeness, accuracy, and technical development and compliance with best practices.
- Reviews contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and/or scope changes, and defines cost and schedule impacts to the base contract, and to provide written evaluation and recommendation of reasonable reconciliation and remediation to project and/or program management staff.
- Prepares and summarizes task and subtask estimates, including resource rates and/or unit cost to perform parametric order of magnitude cost estimates when detailed estimate development is not necessary pr time does not permit that level of detail.
- Defines scope and quantification for vendors and subcontractors necessary to obtain correct and competitive pricing for materials, equipment, and services required to complete an estimate of reasonable probable cost.
- Documents telephone, email, web and written bids and quotations complete with contractual terms and conditions, shipping cost and terms, transfer of title and terms of contract payment and completion.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data inclusive of construction location, site conditions and restrictions, contract terms and contract execution plan, procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating database information and cost data
- Provides training and guidance to Estimators and Associate Estimators in the preparation, revision, and production of cost estimates using the required project and/or program software, estimating tools and equipment.
- Reviews work produced by subordinate personnel for quality, clarity, accuracy, and application; verifying that all components and cost required by the contract documents are included.
- Develops client presentations in the appropriate media, and conducts clear and specific client presentations as required by project and/or program management.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
للتقدم للوظائف وارسال السيرة الذاتية اضغط هنااااااا